Wednesday 18 February 2015

Well the Doctor was no help at all

As I expected the doctor was no help at all. Don't get me wrong I know there is not much she can do but I would just love for someone to take an interest and at least try to come up with something that might help.

All she did was suggest another one of those fad diets, it worked for her apparently. Well I am happy it worked for her but I bet she was able to keep her calorie count down by eating salad and fruit, I don't have that luxury. She did say that she thought it would be possible for someone with a limited diet to do this fad diet she was recommending but since she never bothered to ask just how limited my diet is I don't see how she can say it would work for me.

She didn't even seem concerned about the health side, eating like this cannot be good for me. It must be doing some damage somewhere and she didn't even show the slightest concern.

This is the nice doctor as well, she is normally really great. Perhaps I am being too hard on her, after all there really is no recognition for Selective Eating Disorder here in the UK and she can only go on what the research says. Maybe I didn't explain myself clearly enough, perhaps I should take a list in with me next time of the things I eat, it wont be a long list.

On the plus side, I now have something to spur me on in my weight-loss goals - I am joining the Army Reserves. Its something I have always wanted to do but never been able or had the confidence but they came to my university recruiting earlier in the week and me and a friend went along tonight for a  recruitment session. They are willing to work with me to lose the weight because I have skills they want and the determination I need to do it.

I actually don't have to lose as much weight as I thought to meet their requirements although it is still quite a lot. They say once they have my official application in they can bring me in for training and will give me a fitness instructor to work with as long as I am willing. They have also given me an exercise plan away with me to give me an idea of what I need to work up to. I was actually reasonably fit before I piled all this weight on so I hope that as I lose it I will start to return to my previous level of fitness which should be all I need to do really. Because of the job I will be doing in the Army, the level of fitness required is on the lower end of their normal requirements. I still need to be a lot fitter than I am currently, but I don't need to run a mile in ten minutes or do two hundred push ups or any of that nonsense.

So although I had a somewhat negative experience at the doctors this morning, I have ended the day on a high note. I am actually starting to look forward to life after university.

No comments:

Post a Comment